AOFAQ recognises the variety of qualifications available. In order to deliver this course, the tutor must have a teaching qualification and/or teaching experience and a suitable qualification in the field of health and safety. Tutors must maintain their own continued personal development to ensure subject currency.
Acceptable teaching/ training qualifications:
The tutor must hold one of the following:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Certificate in Education (CERT ED)
- Diploma in Education (DIP ED)
- Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector (PTLLS)
- Certificate in teaching in the lifelong learning sector (CTLLS)
- Diploma in teaching in the lifelong learning sector (DTLLS)
- Master of Arts in Education (MA ED)
- Master of Arts in Professional Development, Education and Training (MA PDET)
- Professional trainer certificate
- IHCD Instructional methods course
- Level 3 or 4 NVQ Learning and Development
- CIPD Certificate in Learning Practice
Proof of 30 hours of training in any subject (must be verifiable)
If your teaching or training qualification is not listed, please contact us.
Subject knowledge or experience
- Level 4 Award in Managing Health and Safety in the Workplace
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
- NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Degree/ Dip HE in Environmental Health, Health and Safety, etc.
Any other qualification approved by AOFAQ.